Department of microbiology actively involved in the teaching & training of M.B.B.S. students and provide guidance to MD/MS residents in their thesis related research work. Beside this department provides all type of bacteriological and serological investigation facility to OPD / IPD patients of LLR & associated hospitals and special investigative facility to all hospitals in & around Kanpur.
|S. No.||Name||Qualification||Designation||E. Mail||Mobile No.|
|1||Dr. Jaya Garg||M.D., D.N.B., M.N.A.M.S.||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||9336423308|
|2||Mrs. Madhu Yadav||M.Sc. Medical Microbiology||Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org||9415921529|
|3||Dr. Vikas Mishra||MD||Associate Professor (Contract)|
Courses / Training conducted at department
- Teaching and training of MBBS students.
- Guidance of MD/MS students in there thesis work.
- Training of LT’s, B.Sc. Nursing students & M.Sc. students.
- State Sentinel Surveillance Laboratory for Dengue, Chikungunya and Japanese Encephalitis.
- Department also runs a NACO funded State Reference Laboratory (SRL) for ICTC, PPTCT and Blood Banks of 34 centers of Kanpur and adjoining districts.
- Department also runs a NACO/UPSACS funded ICTC centre for free HIV testing and counseling .
- CD4/CD8 Laboratory: Cell flow cytometry is available free of cost for CD4/CD8 count of HIV patients .
- National centre for diseases control (NCDC), New Delhi sponsored AMR (Antimicrobial resistance Surveillance Laboratory). Started in 2015 and is currently running.
- Viral research diagnostic lab sponsored by UP government. Started in 2015 and is currently running for diagnosis of swine flu (H1N1) influenza.
- Sterility testing and infection control hospital services also provided by the department .
A. Several central and state governments funded Extra Mural research projects are completed by the department.
1. ICMR Funded project “A study on molecular epidemiology, diagnosis and therapeutic Option of carbapenemase producing Gram negative bacteria” Completion year- 2012-2015
2. ICMR Funded project “Evaluation of MicroRNAs in pathogenesis, diagnosis and prognosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection:”
Completion year- 2012-2015
3. ICMR Funded project “Markers of Dengue disease severity.”
B. National centre for diseases control (NCDC), New Delhi sponsored AMR (Antimicrobial resistance Surveillance Project is started in 2015 and is currently running.
C. RECENT RESEARCH PAPERS/ PUBLICATIONS OF FACULTY OF MICROBIOLOGY OF LAST 5 YEARS
DR. JAYA GARG
1. Atul Garg, Jaya Garg, G C Upadhyay, Anurag agarwal, Amitabh bhattacharya. Evaluation of the RAPIDEC CARBA NP Test Kit for detection of Carbapenemase producing Gram Negative Bacteria. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy 2015;59: 7870-72.
2. Atul garg, Jaya garg. Dissemination of NDM-1 positive bacteria in the New Delhi environment and its implications for human health: an environmental point prevalence study. Lancet Infectious diseases,(12) 2012 .99-100. DOI No: S1473-3099(11)70237-7
3. Jaya Garg, Atul Garg. Emerging Role of Non Albican Candida in Systemic Candidiasis. Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2016) 5(12): 51-54
4. Prevalence of dengue among clinically suspectedfebrile episodes at a teaching hospital in north India. Jr of Inf dis and Immunity 2011; 3 (5): 85-89 . Atul Garg , Jaya garg, Y K Rao, G C Upadhyay, Suman Sakhija.
Mrs. Madhu Yadav
1. Madhu, Priyanka Singh, Ankur Kashyap & Ujjala Ghosal. Spectrum of parasitic and bacterial infection in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases, irritable bowel syndrome & malabsorption. IRJBS 2011 ; 17 (2): 387-391.
2. Madhu, A. Yadav, A. K. Srivastava, K.R. Mathur & V.N.S. Yadav. Bacteriological study in burn wound patients of eastern, U.P. IRJBS 2012 ; 18 (2): 333-338.
3. Ankur Kashyap, Mahendra Pal Singh, Madhu & Ujjala Ghoshal. Occurrence of Gastrointestinal Opportunistic Parasites in Immunocompromised Patients in Northern India. Journal of Biology (2013), Vol. 01, Issue 03, pp. 77-80 .