The Department of Pharmacology is contributing towards undergraduate & post graduate medical courses. The research activities of the department mainly focus in the area of clinical pharmacology, cardiovascular pharmacology, Pharmacovigilance etc.In Undergraduate Labs, we started revised curriculum as advised by MCI in latest syllabus. We incorporated various clinical charts as various scenarios involving, ADRs, Interactions of drugs. We stopped mass experiments on frogs and rabbits and replaced them with qualitative and quantitative assessment of experimental graphs and tracings. We have started training UGs in prescription audits, CCR [criticize, correct and rewriting of prescriptions], pharmaco-economic implications of clinical prescription of drugs, and practical demonstration of various latest routes of drug administration.
- Pharmacy laboratory.
- Experimental Pharmacology Laboratory & computer simulated exercises for demonstration of animal experiment.
- Pharmacology museum .
- Clean & well environmental controlled animal room .
- P.G. Research laboratory & library .
- M.B.B.S. & M.D. (Pharmacology)
Research Activities being carried out in the department
1) To study the pharmacotherapeutic adherence among diabetic and hypertensive patients attending out-patient department of medicine in a tertiary care hospital .
2) Study and analysis of adverse effect of drugs used in Neuromedicine department .