Department of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases was established from the very inception of this college. In 1957 it separated out from Medicine Department. Initially OPD of the department used to be held in main OPD complex of LLR Hospital and indoor in Dina Nath Bagla Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH). On 24 October, 1969 the department was shifted to a new hospital building, Dr. Murari Lal Chest Hospital, Rawatpur. Inauguration of the new building of the department was done by the then Honorable Chief Minister Late Chandra Bhanu Gupta. The name Dr. Murari Lal is after highly respected freedom fighter and patriot.
Dr Murari Lal Chest Hospital is a leading and prestigious hospital for treatment of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases and training for MD (Respiratory Medicine) and DTCD (Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases) students. The scope of this subject has tremendously enlarged now days. It now includes Respiratory Critical Care and Sleep Medicine apart from diagnosis and treatment of various lung diseases.
|Name||Qualification||Designation||Mobile no||Introduction||Research publications||Membership of professional bodies/awards|
|Dr Anand Kumar||MBBS, MD||Associate firstname.lastname@example.org||7860965384||Intensivist,Special interest in Interventional Pulmonology and Asthma||1 (international) and 4 (national)||ISCCM, ICSIMA,ISASLC,IAB.|
|Dr R.K.Mathur||MBBS, MD||Associate email@example.com||9565038599||Area of interest -Tuberculosis||1||MNCCP, ICS, IMA|
|Dr Avdhesh Kumar||MBBS, MD Fellowship in sleep medicine (VMMC)||Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org||7408441504||Area of interest-Intensive care unit and Sleep medicine||1 (international)2 (national)||ICS, IMA,ISDA,|
- M.D. (Respiratory Medicine)
- DTCD (Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases)
- OUTDOOR, INDOOR AND INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (ICU) AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICES
- TREATMENT OF LUNG DISEASES INCLUDING ASTHMA, BRONCHITIS, OTHER AIRWAY DISEASES, TUBERCULOSIS, FIBROSIS, LUNG CANCER, PLEURAL EFFUSION, DOTS ETC.
- SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS SUCH AS BLOOD GAS ANALYSIS, POLYSONOGRAPHY, FLEXIBLE BRONCHOSCOPY, SPIROMETERY, LUNG GAS DIFFUSION STUDY, LUNG VOLUME STUDY, FINE NEEDLE LUNG BIOPSY, PLEURAL TAPPING AND BIOPSY, CHEST ULTRASOUND ETC.
- X-RAY IN DEPARTMENT, CT SCAN IN COLLEGE CAMPUS
- REVISED NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS CONTROL PROGRAMME DESIGNATED MICROSCOPY CUM DOTS CENTRE EVISED NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS CONTROL PROGRAMME DOTS PLUS SITE FOR PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OF DRUG RESISTANT TUBERCULOSIS (PMDT) CUM DOTS CENTRE
(P.I. Dr Anand Kumar)
|Days||Consultant (CHAMBER NO. 7 AND 8)|
|Monday||Dr Sudhir Chaudhri|
|Tuesday||Dr Anand Kumar|
|Wednesday||Dr Avdhesh Kumar|
|Friday||Dr Sanjay Verma|
|Saturday|| 1st and 3rd- Dr Anand Kumar
2nd and 3rd-Dr Avdhesh Kumar
5th -Dr Sanjay Verma
|Sunday|| 1st-Dr Anand Kumar
2nd-Dr Sanjay Verma
3rd-Dr Avdhesh Kumar
4th-Dr R.K. Mathur
5th-Dr Sudhir Chaudhri